Connectivity drop outs

Bernie P 14:42 31 Aug 2014

I have inherited a Packard Bell Easynote laptop about 6/7 years old from my daughter, which had virtually died from accumulated rubbish. It is running XP and I now use Windows 7 on my and I thought it would make a useful aid for using old 32 bit programmes. I done a complete reset to original factory settings clearing all data and spent happy hours while all the update were reinstalled and everything seemed ok. However whilst it detects my BT home hub and connects ok, for some reason after about a minute the connection is lost although it shows as still connected and with a strong signal I can reconnect if I use the repair button but again it only stays connected for a bout a minute… I have no trouble with my own or the 2 Ipads we use at home…and my daughter never had a connection problem at her house, I suspect it may just be a setting… any help would be appreciated. Thank you

northumbria61 15:28 01 Sep 2014

Try changing the channel your wi-fi uses in your Router.

There's a link to show you how here Router Wi-Fi channel change

Bernie P 19:23 01 Sep 2014

Thanks for the suggestion, i tried it out but it made no difference. Not reall surprised as the 3 other devices in the house ( 2 ipads and a desktop),all work without a problem and all together. The laptop connects ok but the connection only lasts a minute and then drops out no matter what time of day it is. I have tried installing the latest driver for the network card. Thank you for taking the time to reply, most grateful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?