Connected to Internet but CANNOT download

jaytysoski 15:26 05 Jun 2014

Hello,

My question is rather simple but I have not been able to figure it out. My computer is running a fresh install of Windows 8. My wireless N network card driver is installed and I am able to connect to the internet just fine. When I open Internet Explorer I can browse the internet with ease. Speed Tests show I have a download speed of 11mbps and upload of 2.5mbps. Streaming works fine as well. If I try and download ANYTHING, it always fails. This includes Windows Updates, Google Chrome, the Steam application, NVIDIA updates, the Windows App Store, security updates, other drivers, mp3s and the list goes on. What seems to be the issue here? I have checked and my network card is Windows 8 compatible. I am at a loss. Any ideas what is going on?

FYI, virus program has even been uninstalled when I did the full windows 8 reinstall...I am logged into a Windows Live account as the admin, I have tried disabling the Windows Firewall AND the Defender and still nothing! Very frustrating.

Thanks,

Jay

jaytysoski 15:57 05 Jun 2014

In user accounts I am the only user and I am listed as the administrator. I am logged into my Windows Live Account as well.

I will try that. Thank you.

rdave13 19:55 05 Jun 2014

In services check Windows installer. If stopped and on manual, start the service. Try installing now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?