compaq notebook R4000 vista audio problem

rolyg1 09:50 16 Feb 2008

please help, we have a compaq r4000 previousley running xp, we have upgraded to vista premium and now have no audio, we dont have original compaq discs and have tried downloading various drivers suggested by compaq still no good

mrwoowoo 19:13 17 Feb 2008

In control panel click on problem reports and solutions.
In see problems to check enter it and see if there is a sound card problem and solution.
If it shows up you should be able to let vista download a driver for you.
Also there are several options on the left to investigate.

rolyg1 07:31 22 Feb 2008

Thanks for that sorry for delay was recovoring in mental hospital after my sound card problems (only jokeing) any way yes there is a sound card, vista did attempt to locate driver but could not find driver when we tried to downloadthere was error message, also i noticed if we hit random keys or sometiems we get a beep (key error0 so if there is no driver loaded how am i getting that sound, long term i have sent off for a external pcmia card and gonna try using that but still would want the issue resolved if i can

Elle_00 00:49 11 Mar 2008

I'm in the same boat as you. Apparently the wonderful people at HP have not put out any drivers for this model because they only expect you to use Windows XP. Check out thier website for more info if you like.

They say "Your notebook PC was not designed to operate with the Windows Vista operating system.
HP does not support the upgrade from XP to Vista for non-HP Certified Vista capable PCs. HP provides neither Vista drivers nor technical support for non-HP Certified Vista Capable PCs.
Attempting to install Windows Vista on a PC not listed as HP Certified Vista Capable may cause a loss of your programs and personal data, and the PC and peripherals may operate with limited functionality or not at all.
If you encounter operational problems after attempting to install Windows Vista using an unapproved process, and / or install software that is not approved and not provided by HP, HP recommends that you do a clean installation of Windows XP to restore the PC to its original condition."

xElle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?