chm Files

larry48 20:27 19 Nov 2007

Recently purchased a Canon MP160 "All-in-one" printer.Everything works fine,so no problems with the printer. However I can't access the Instruction Manual (on the CD) as it uses a *.chm file extension.I've checked in Control Panel-Default Programmes -Set File Associations, and the chm file ext isn't even listed.Any ideas how I can get round this?I'm running an OEM version of Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jake_027 22:45 19 Nov 2007

click here

Do any of these, particularly the first result, help at all?

larry48 06:49 20 Nov 2007

Np. I've tried most of those suggestions, but the .chm file extension isn't even listed in the Vista file extensions list.

anskyber 09:50 20 Nov 2007

I have no experience of this program. click here

anskyber 09:55 20 Nov 2007

Or perhaps better look at a work around here. click here

larry48 17:30 20 Nov 2007

Thanks anskyber.The chm decoder worked a treat,I've now converted all the files to html, so at least I can read them.

I wish that Microsoft and other major names (e.g. Canon) could get their act together so that this sort of thing doesn't happen.I have a similar problem with my mobile phone because Sony haven't produced software for it that's compatible with Vista.

anskyber 17:37 20 Nov 2007

Indeed, I changed my camera sofware for pics on my PC because Canon could not give me a Vista compliant set which worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone