Changing the language interface in Vista

poppykins1 10:09 01 Nov 2007

I live in Spain and have just bought a new PC with Windows Vista. Naturally, the basic language of the machine is Spanish which I do not speak too well right now.
I have changed the lanuage of the keyboard and some of the files come up with English titles, but the OS is still Spanish. Can I change the entire system to English (as my husband has been able to do with his new Mac)?
Also, I would like to partition the HD to be able to load Windows XP Professional, but all instructions are in Spanish. I have the Missing Manual book, but what I read there doesn't appear to happen on my computer! Do I need extra software for this operation? (I am a novice in all this!!) Many thanks to ANYONE who can advise me!

ventanas 11:56 01 Nov 2007

I have seen something about language support, but it's in my Vista Inside Out book at home. If you can wait I will have a look this evening. O puede aprender espanol. No es muy dificil.

To load XP with Vista already on click here

ventanas 12:04 01 Nov 2007

click here

¿ayuda?

poppykins1 12:20 04 Nov 2007

Thank you very much Ventanas for your help. It will take me a while to work it out, but I am most grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?