Changing default folder for photos

amonra 02:57 29 Aug 2008

At the moment, when I plug my SD card into my laptop to offload photos, the "wizard" dumps the lot into Win Photo Gallery. I dont want my photos there, I want them in another folder specifically used that purpose.
Please someone, tell me how to alter the default setting before I throw the l/top through the window ! I've tried everything I know but to no avail.
I am not at my home address for the next 3 weeks so any replies may not be acknowledged promptly, thanks.

anskyber 10:38 29 Aug 2008

Various ways.

From the start menu choose default programs (its just below the control panel button) Then either select set default programs and follow it through or choose associate a file type or protocol with a program.

If you choose the second then associate jpegs with whichever program you wish.

anskyber 10:40 29 Aug 2008
  anskyber 10:43 29 Aug 2008

A slightly fuller guide. click here

a member 08:34 30 Aug 2008

Here,s how to do it:

Create a new folder that will be used to store your pictures (skip this step if you would like to use an existing folder).
Navigate to your default Pictures folder .
Open the Pictures folder and copy its content to the new Pictures directory you just created.
Right Click the Pictures folder and click Properties.
Navigate to the Shortcut tab.
In the Target field, specify the location of your new pictures folder.

a member 08:52 30 Aug 2008

sorry slightly misleading , to find your pictures shortcut , go to C:/users /click on your account name and select links .
right click the pictures shortcut and in the (target) field type in the location in full of your new folder .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017