changed regedit script open for "%1" %*

computerdiv 07:22 03 Dec 2013

HI all, I have been having trouble opening .exe files.I found this artical [click here and followed the instructions to change the sript in Regedit. The result didn't change anything and I stupidly didn't back up the original script. Now every time I right click the window that drops down says at the top "%1" %* instead of open. Can any 1 post to me the correct script for these settings. I would be very much obliged.

Secret-Squirrel 12:14 03 Dec 2013

A Windows 7 System Restore will undo the changes you made by restoring a good copy of the Registry. See here if you're not familiar with it.

".......and followed the instructions to change the sript in Regedit..."

Did you download and run the automatic "Fix it" tool listed on that page? It'll be a lot easier than manually editing the Registry.

Secret-Squirrel 12:43 03 Dec 2013

......or if your problem with EXE files is relatively recent, choose a System Restore point that pre-dates the start of the problem. Don't go further back than you need to though. If it doesn't work or causes unexpected issues then you can back into System Restore and you'll see an option to undo the restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?