Changed hard drive lost Outlook

Oknaddanko 22:46 07 Jun 2015

I replaced the laptop hard drive only to find that all my Outlook Emails are now lost. How can I get my previous email and saved emails back?

lotvic 00:23 08 Jun 2015

A bit more detail would have helped. Depends on which Outlook and if you are using Webmail, IMAP, or POP email.

First thing is to check your email Webserver and see if the emails are on there.

Does the old harddrive still work? Is this MS Office Outlook? if so hook it up as a slave, either put it in a caddy or get a usb cable kit, and find the .pst folder and import it to MS Outlook on your new harddrive.

If it's webmail Outlook.com then your emails should still be on the webserver

clarkkent 07:15 08 Jun 2015

Hello Friend,

Lotvic has jotted down all the possible solutions that could help you to restore your Outlook data. He is right that if the data is still exists in the hard drive that you have isolated from the machine, then you need to fetch it again.

On the flip side, webmail creates repository of these data on their end (via using IMAP account), thus re-configuring the same account can recall the emails in your machine. Be meticulous while deploying each of these instructions because importing data can produce constraints and does not guarantee that the data would be stored precisely as you are looking for.

If the above solutions fail, then go for any third party utility which can recover your lost Outlook data.

Clark Kent

clarkkent 07:17 08 Jun 2015

Hello Friend,

Lotvic has jotted down all the possible solutions that could help you to restore your Outlook data. He is right that if the data is still exists in the hard drive that you have isolated from the machine, then you need to fetch it again.

On the flip side, webmail creates repository of these data on their end (via using IMAP account), thus re-configuring the same account can recall the emails in your machine. Be meticulous while deploying each of these instructions because importing data can produce constraints and does not guarantee that the data would be stored precisely as you are looking for.

If the above solutions fail, then go for any third party utility like PST Recovery Software to recover your lost emails.

Thanks & Regards Clark Kent

clarkkent 07:26 08 Jun 2015

Hope

lotvic 20:25 08 Jun 2015

yet more SPAM from 'clarkkent'

FE Informed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?