Can't switch off touchpad Windows 10 laptop

2meters 17:11 19 May 2017

Hi Computer Advisor. I need your help, I am having trouble turning off the touch pad on my Toshiba satelliteL70B 119.OS Windows 10 Home version 1607, OS build 14393.1066,with 8 GB ram, System type 64 bit. I had it turned off but maybe an update reset it in again. I have tried various suggestions from the web like FN with F9 key all this does is lower the sound of whatever I am listening to. Will this help? In the settings, mouse and touchpad, in the advanced settings it says HD compliant mouse, synaptics SM Bus touchpad, pugged into PS/2 mouse port. I do not use the touchpad I use instead a Trust wireless mouse with Micro USB receiver .It is a big nuisance to have the touchpad working as when I rest my hand against it moves the curser. Yours Douglas Priestley

Secret-Squirrel 17:55 19 May 2017

According to the user manual, FN+F5 enables/disables the touch pad. Or, depending on the laptop's settings, it may be just F5.

rdave13 00:50 20 May 2017

It looks as if you have Synaptics touch-pad drivers. If it is not listed in Control Panel then click on the upward arrow in the notification area. Right click the Synaptics icon and select Pointing Device Properties. In the window that opens click on Device settings tab. Click on the disable tab. Click ok to the warning pop-up.

rdave13 00:51 20 May 2017

Forgot to say click on apply then click on OK.

BT 07:50 20 May 2017

Had this problem with the first download of Win 10, which seems to have cured itself with subsequent updates.

rdave13 14:06 20 May 2017

On my other laptop it's labelled as a click-pad. Control panel, mouse and then you get to the click-pad settings.

Miss Swift 15:42 20 May 2017

O' I had this problem once. My friend said to do this. Remove the checkmark.

click here

Miss Swift 15:51 20 May 2017

Miss Swift 15:51 20 May 2017

I can't seem to post images here. Why?

rdave13 16:28 20 May 2017

Depends on which drivers you have I suppose. My settings are different,

Additional settings lead to mouse properties and the synaptics settings.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone