cant sign into my account following Win 10 update

Salamander7 11:02 19 Mar 2017

Help. Windows 10 did one of its automatic updates but now I cannot sign in to my account. Windows says it has signed my in temporarily but any files I create cannot be saved etc. It says the way to deal with this is to sign out and then back in again. I have tried this but it does not work. Now through no fault of my own I cannot access any of my files some of which are of great importance. HELP!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:36 19 Mar 2017

If the files are important then a backup of some description should have been done!!!

There are several ways to overcome the problem of retrieving you files.

First try Power - Restart (not shutdown) and see if you can login when it reboots.

Salamander7 23:50 19 Mar 2017

Problem solved might be useful for other folks who might have been affected. I went to Settings and found a notification of a Windows update. I presume it was one that for some reason had not installed automatically. I clicked on it and it installed in around 30 seconds. I rebooted and the problem was gone.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?