cant excess email links

langste 19:38 25 Aug 2014

Hi , after i receive a email and there is a link to click on , nothing happens , i cant follow the link

lotvic 20:58 25 Aug 2014

You need to set one of your Browsers as the Default Browser so that when you click on the link Windows knows what Browser program to open

langste 22:00 25 Aug 2014

How do i do that

lotvic 22:16 25 Aug 2014

Well you haven't said which email client you use or which Browser you want as default.

However, I'll have a go - this is for Thunderbird and Firefox: Check that the operating system's default browser is specified click here

Gordon Freeman 22:19 25 Aug 2014

Do you have more than one browser installed on your computer? i.e. internet explorer (ie) and, say, firefox?

If so, open ie, & it should prompt you to answer 'do you wish to make this your default browser', if so, click 'yes'

lotvic 22:20 25 Aug 2014

In Windows 7 you can set Default Programs by: click on Globe and click on 'Default Programs' and then click on 'Set Default Programs'

langste 10:17 26 Aug 2014

Hello again , i have google and google crome , also internet explorer, which i don't use. The browser i use is google - gmail.. When i go to Default prog there is only google crome so how do i make google my main one....

lotvic 21:36 26 Aug 2014

Google Chrome = your Browser

Google gmail is the email you use, you prob have that set as your homepage if that's what comes up when you open your browser.

lotvic 21:44 26 Aug 2014

Need to establish if you are using Webmail or an email client on your pc.

Which program do you open and then what do you click on to get to your emails?

langste 23:52 26 Aug 2014

Hi i open google then click on mail thats it ...

langste 23:55 26 Aug 2014

All i do is double click on google short cut then clic on gmail .....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017