Can't copy tracks from CD

ened 10:40 26 Dec 2007

I don't want to do anything dodgy but I have a music cd and wanted to copy it to my Hard Drive so that I could put the original in my car.

The window actually says it is ready to burn but it won't (in any case I don't want to burn it).

According to Explorer each file only contains a small amount of info (44bytes). Although this must be inaccurate as all tracks play properly.

Is there a way to do this? I am using Vista Ultimate.

ened 11:53 26 Dec 2007

Is this a Vista problem?

I have done it before with XP - unfortunately my XP machine just blew up.

anskyber 12:35 26 Dec 2007

Hi ened!

Open windows Media player, insert your disc in the drive then choose Rip form the menu bar.
It will then list the tracks and at the bottom choose start rip. Hey presto the disc will then appear in your library and it can be played from there.

Merry Xmas, hic!!

aine 13:55 26 Dec 2007

Download Ashampoo burning studio 7. It works very well and its free. the instructions are very simple in its use. I have used it and encountered no problems

anskyber 10:10 29 Dec 2007

Did it work ened?

ened 10:23 29 Dec 2007

I have not tried it yet because of other problems -before I saw your answer I had decided to put it in my old XP machine. Unfortunately when I turned it on it blew up.

So I put the Led Zeppelin CD in my car and have not brought it back in yet.

However I feel sure it will work and will report back as soon as I have done it.

ened 12:38 30 Dec 2007

Brilliant.

It worked a treat.

Many thanks once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?