cannot install windows monthly update

davecartman 08:53 19 Jun 2017

For the last five days my laptop has been trying to install windows monthly update KB4022719 and has failed every time. I have tried to manually install this update via control panel and windows update with the same result an error 80004005 is shown. Is this something to worry about and if so is there a solution to the problem.

davecartman 08:55 19 Jun 2017

Sorry windows 7 home premium 64bit

alanrwood 09:44 19 Jun 2017

For info go to

click here

davecartman 10:09 19 Jun 2017

Thanks alanrwood for the link. Followed the link and downloaded the update as a stand alone. On running the update a message said ' this update is not applicable to your computer ' don't know where that leaves me.

davecartman 10:24 19 Jun 2017

Just realised I must have downloaded the wrong version. Went back and downloaded correct one but on installing still get the message ' this update was not installed '

Govan1x 20:43 19 Jun 2017

Looks like there are problems with that update and maybe refrain from downloading it.

Click here

davecartman 22:09 19 Jun 2017

Thanks Govan1x, I will avoid it until it is fixed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?