Cannot get 'MS Office 2007 Student' to auto update?

exbrum 07:05 27 Mar 2014
Answered

I have recently upgraded my mother board and processor and everything is working OK. My windows updates work fine and I have had no issues of late. However, today, I tried to enable the auto update function for the office suite and I am not having any luck with it.

I go to the windows update page and click 'Get updates for other Microsoft products' and all it does is show me another web page with a small picture explaining 'Use your start menu to check for updates'? I then go round in circles coming back to same page.

I uninstalled my office suite and did a re install, the activation went OK (I have a 3 license key, all used) and tried again but still doesn't let me enable auto updates for it? In the end I downloaded office SP3 for my suite manually and installed it.

My son on our other desktop has the same suite and his auto updates work fine as they do also on my other son's laptop.

Any ideas as to how I can do this would be much appreciated.

My system specs are, W7 Home Prem 64bit, I.E.11 and Google Chrome ,3.4 GHz processor 8Gb Ram, Office Home Student 2007

exbrum 15:42 28 Mar 2014
Answer

Managed to get it fixed, the technician from my pc shop had to download a fix from the Microsoft site as something was blocking the auto update setup function. Everything working as it should.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?