Cannot change colours in Vista!!!!

Squidward_ 14:23 21 Apr 2007

I have just installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my Packard Bell Easynote L4014 laptop. I knew I wouldn't get Aero glass because my laptop uses a weak Intel graphics chipset. However, I cannot change the default light blue colour!!!! This is extremely annoying, because I am getting bored with this default colour. When I go to personalization in Control Panel, then select the option to fine tune the colours, I don't get the page with colour presets and the slider to fine tune the colours. Instead, I get a classic Windows XP style dialog box allowing me to choose between the obvious basic theme and the Windows 2000 style. I have tried everyting. I have validated Vista as genuine, (the test suceeded), tweaking the registry setings, looking for help on various sites and even trying the options on another user account. But I still keep on only getting the basic dialog box. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, could someone help, as the light blue scheme is driving me nuts and I don't want to resort to buying a special program like WindowsBlinds.

anskyber 14:44 21 Apr 2007

As I understand it the slider will only show if your onboard graphics is capable of it, otherwise it will not.

Ashrich 20:17 21 Apr 2007

Go to the fine tune page and click on advanced , then from the drop down box select "Active title bar" and you can change some of the colours from there .

Ashley

Ashrich 20:18 21 Apr 2007

Ok , just tried that on my laptop running basic and it doesn't work , sorry !

Ashley

Ashrich 20:21 21 Apr 2007

Just tried again , you have to select a Windows classic before it works .

Ashley

Squidward_ 14:23 22 Apr 2007

I thought that even if you can't have aero glass, from screenshots I saw on Paul Thurrot's site, it showed screenshots of a Vista computer that couldn't have aero glass and was still able to fine tune the colours!!!! Is there anything else I can try?!

Kate B 19:05 22 Apr 2007

Get a better laptop? Sorry, I think you're stuck with the low-level UI.

Squidward_ 19:00 23 Apr 2007

Oh barnicles!!!! Well, thanks for the info....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?