Can someone please tell me what this means??

Sean88 19:51 15 May 2017

Error

Thanks

lotvic 20:28 15 May 2017

Error definition, a deviation from accuracy or correctness; a mistake.

Sean88 22:07 15 May 2017

Picture of error (sorry couldn't attach above) click here

Burn-it 00:22 16 May 2017

I would guess that the CELL battery has died or you have somehow killed the BIOS and it has reverted to the default. You need to press F2 to re-enter the correct information which will happen again if the battery is dead.

lotvic 00:59 16 May 2017

here's how to change the battery, youtube click here they cost about £2

There doesn't seem to be a hard disk listed, have you taken it out?

Some history of the pc and what you are trying to achieve will enable appropriate advice to be given :-)

Sean88 09:15 16 May 2017

Hi, yeah there is a hard drive connected but it's been in there a good while so maybe that's gone? I was using it and it just shut off and when I tried to turn it back on this happened. If I press f1 it takes me to the bios and f2 takes me to a set up windows screen and when i put In the windows disk I just got an error. It's a Dell dimension e520

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:20 16 May 2017

The BIOS is certainly not finding your HDD in port 0 try changing the battery - if that doesn't work then it looks like HDD failure.

Sean88 12:44 16 May 2017

Okay will do thanks I don't think it's the HDD as it seems to be spinning okay

lotvic 14:24 17 May 2017

Which lights are lit up on the front?

Diagnostic Lights, page 47 of manual, dell.com click here

Sean88 17:17 17 May 2017

1,2 and 3 are lit up. I turned the floppy disk boot drive option as off in the bios (since I don't have one installed) but it still has the same error. Might try a cmos battery?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:36 17 May 2017

Yes try a new CMOS battery they are cheap just a couple of quid.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone