Can somebody please help me

DaTruthMTV 14:08 18 Oct 2017

Hello.I wanted to download a game from the internet but failed and now I got a notepad popping up every damn time.Can someone pls help me remove it? Btw I'm using windows 7 professional and the title of the notepad is:ncpmmtq.txt Thanks in advance

wee eddie 14:11 18 Oct 2017

Run Malwarebytes Free Edition

DaTruthMTV 14:38 18 Oct 2017

Doesn't work

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:45 18 Oct 2017

type msconfig in the search box look at what is shown under the startup tab disable anything that is not antivirus or malware or is required such as touchpads mice etc.

if unsure then list the startup items here and we will advise which to disable.

DaTruthMTV 15:12 18 Oct 2017

I found the problem ncpmmq.txt is the notepad which keeps popping up and I found it in the startup menu so what should I do?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:16 18 Oct 2017

If in starup menu just right click and select delete

if in msconfig's startup tab just uncheck the box next to it.

TheConcernedOne 13:50 19 Oct 2017

SouthPark eh? Ccleaner>tools>startup>scheduled tasks scroll to the side where the address is seen look for ncmmpq crap and delete it

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?