Can one repair Explorer 7 in Windows Vista ?

night 19:42 22 Feb 2008

I belive my Explorer 7 has a fault, can one check or repair it in Windows Vista ?

lisa02 20:32 22 Feb 2008

Not really it's integrated into Vista so you'd have to repair the OS.

Maybe it's an add on causing the problem.

Goto start, all program, accessories, system tools, internet explorer (no add ons).

barrakus 20:43 22 Feb 2008

I have a similar problem and I was wondering if you can download a new version of IE7 to use instead of the OS integrated one. I need to run mine in XP compatibility mode and it won't allow it. Hoping maybe the DL is a possibility. If it is, it might help you too, night.

barrakus 20:49 22 Feb 2008

okay...I just went and looked at Microsoft Downloads...There IS no IE for Vista that U can download. Presumably because the danged thing is integrated into Vista. Oh well...Somebody with more knowledge than I will surely be able to help.

barrakus 20:50 22 Feb 2008

But there's always Firefox...

sinbads 20:50 22 Feb 2008

tools /internet options/advanced/reset.this will remove add ons ;but you can replace afterward

Regards

lisa02 20:52 22 Feb 2008

Nope, it's integrated into the OS. You can download for OS's prior to Vista like XP. MS just tell you "Your computer already has Internet Explorer 7. It is included with Windows Vista, the operating system you are running."

click here

barrakus 20:55 22 Feb 2008

yep :?

skidzy 21:40 22 Feb 2008

This is a big issue with IE7 and Vista and hopefully be addressed in the near future.

However SFC can and will repair systemfiles including any damaged Internet Explorer DLL's.

Use The System File Checker tool:

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue
3. At the command prompt, the following line, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

When the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved. If the issue that you are experiencing is not resolved, use the procedure that is described in the “The System Restore tool” section.

Also bear in mind you may have a damaged profile or software conflict.

skidzy 21:47 22 Feb 2008

A few things here that may aid in the elimination of a possible conflict of IE7 in Vista;

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?