Can no longer download You Tube videos

Dipso 21:25 25 Jan 2008

Am I the only one with this issue? I noticed a couple of months ago that I could no longer download videos from Youtube using my usual VDownloader tool. I wasn't aware of making any changes but have seen a post in Helproom about save2PC so thought I would try that and still can't get it to work.

I get these errors with VDownloader -

"This is not a valid address otr the video is not available"

"An error occured video can't be downloaded"

"Vdownloader not responding"

and with save2pc

"Access violation at address XXXXXXXX in module save2pc_light.exe REad of address FFFFFFFF"

I have also tried a newer version of VDownloader, running as Administrator and in XP compat mode but no joy...any ideas anyone?

skidzy 08:54 26 Jan 2008

Hi Dipso,sorry not much of a help really as i do not download Youtube videos,but does this help click here

Dipso 09:40 26 Jan 2008

Thanks for the suggestion skidzy but no joy with that either. I get this click here

I think I will do some more inverstigating using an alternative browser and see if that makes a difference.

Dipso 10:57 26 Jan 2008

Just tried using Firefox, same problem. Will try my other machines and see if I get the same result from them, both run XP rather than Vista.

rdave13 13:22 26 Jan 2008

Try this one, you tube downloader; click here also download the update.

Dipso 14:56 26 Jan 2008

Thanks I will try that and let you know how I get on :)

Dipso 15:23 26 Jan 2008

I didn't think it was going to work as I got a Not Responding message for a few seconds but then after allowing the program through the firewall it worked perfectly.

Thanks for that rdave13...the conversion tool is very handy too!

Razorfish 21:37 28 Jan 2008

no need of any program guys
just use
click here

It's very easy to download youtube videos with only one click.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?