Can I reinstall RealTek audio manager?

indego 16:57 26 Aug 2015
Answered

Afternoon all,

My machine is a HP pavilion with Win 7. I have had the drive wiped clean and would like to know if RealTek audio manager can be reinstalled. If so how do I do that?

Before posting I Googled, downloaded and installed (so I thought) RealTek, then searched for a driver, only to find that one wasn't available.

Thanks in advance of any help.

hssutton 19:43 26 Aug 2015

On the installation of W10 I had to reinstall the Realtec drivers, but I did this from my motherboard disk. This is what Realtec say "Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website.

As an alternative have look here RealTec Drivers

indego 00:57 27 Aug 2015
Answer

Thank you hssutton for your reply. I have got RealTek back to how it was before I had the drive wiped clean. It was more by luck than anything else for I don't have any motherboard disk and do not know how to contact the motherboard's manufacturer. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017