Burning software compatible with Vista Premium.

dune3 14:11 10 Dec 2008

Hello pc boffins, I'm looking for freeware burning software for my laptop,format:Windows Vista Premium; I have OEM discs of Nero 5 & 6 but messages keep popping up saying these versions of Nero are incompatible with Windows Vista Premium, Nero 5 & 6 play perfectly on my Desktop PC, and Nero Startsmart is an absolute joy to use.
Could someone please primarily reccommend alternate Nero burning software (freeware), or failing that, any other freeware software you can reccomend from the Web, which has proven reliable and will burn discs continued from previous burning. Apart from Nero, alternate software has to have been proven reliable as I don't want my new laptop to suffer from any corruption problems.
Thanks in advance, dune 3.

BurrWalnut 16:01 10 Dec 2008

Although it has XP in the title this good, free DVD/CD burner works also with Vista click here

You can burn Data, Audio and ISO formats, as well as copying and erasing disks. Look here for burning an ISO image to CD or DVD click here

MCE2K5 19:42 10 Dec 2008

Ashampoo Burning Studio Free 6.75 click here

sunnystaines 20:20 10 Dec 2008

i use nero8 oem cost £4

rawprawn 20:41 10 Dec 2008

I use this, it's easy and does the job
click here

dune3 12:49 11 Dec 2008

Hello, sunnystaines, please point me to the website where I can get Nero 8 for 4 quid. I'll check the Nero website myself just in case. Thanks. dune3.
Thanks also to all others for their contributions. dune3.

sunnystaines 15:54 11 Dec 2008

click here_(oem)_hw460

for £3.42

click here

for £9.20

click here
for £2.59

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?