broadband on windows vista

happygirl2 16:47 17 Apr 2007

I have not been able to get my Trilogy broadband to work on Windows Vista. Anyone else have this problem? I have posted about this in the helproom, this is the link click here

Any help much appreciated! Thanks :)

Kate B 17:17 17 Apr 2007

Please don't post duplicate threads. You've got lots of responses to the helproom thread, so please tick this one resolved and stick with one thread.

happygirl2 17:40 17 Apr 2007

:( I wouldn't say that I have had lots of responses (responses from 2 people) and the issue is far from resolved, so when I saw that there was a Windows Vista specific forum I thought that I would try in here too in the hope of receiving some advice that will lead to a conclusion to this matter that I have been struggling with for many days and spent many hours trying to fix. I certainly didn't mean to do anything wrong, I'm really sorry and I will tick the resolved box as you requested.

Kate B 18:47 17 Apr 2007

You haven't done anything wrong - it's just easier for people to help you if all the responses are in the same place.

setecio 12:53 18 Apr 2007

What sort of modem are you using, and does a vista driver exist for it, only relevant if if it is a USB modem ... (if ethernet / wireleass then it shouldn't matter.)

Every evening after I've logged off and shut down, my computer seems to be altering or deleting settings or files. I have a hard job getting into my broadband every single time. Most days I can't even get in. I have to make sure all the settings are right every time. most times I have to restore system a few times, and mayb, if I'm lucky, I manage to get in. This is so frustrating. Does anyone have advice, please?

Kate B 20:36 06 Jul 2007

Please start your own thread.

wrg 16:26 09 Jul 2007

happygirl

Try turning the firewall off before you try to go online (if it works remember to turn it back on). I had the situation where my computer (which I had jsut bought with Vista) was telling me it was connected but I could not get online, then I remembered when I set up my USR router then first time I went onto the internet it suggested doing so after turning the firewall off. This worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?