BLUESCREEN DEATH ! .....but not the usual one, PLEASE HELP!

GabzW1 15:27 20 Apr 2015

Hi there, I have a 2 year old HP envy touch screen laptop, i7 etc etc. Problems started in the last 3 weeks and progressively gotten worse. Initially no touch pad functionality and the mouse disappeared. After a while of looking for the fn key which was responsible I realised there wasn't one for this laptop, and thus "rolled back" my touchpad driver, restarted and it worked. Problem was it kept updating automatically and not working and I kept rolling back.

Then I started to get blue screen death windows violation error messages people seem to associate with itunes syncing. Its got to the point now where if I close my laptop lid it will crash, and sometimes it will crash when I'm just the laptop.

I have updated everything, given up on using the touch pad but still cannot figure out whats going wrong and how to stop it. The pages on blue screen violation errors arent any help because its not the same situation, regardless I have followed their steps and nothing has changed.

Got uni exams in a week and this has been totally disrupting revision. I can't really afford the time of resetting to factory and re-downloading all of my programmes and files I need. Anyone who can help will have my eternal thanks.

Gabriel

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:08 20 Apr 2015

Run

chkdsk /f/r

for bad sectors on the drive

also try

sfc /scannow

for corrupt windows files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache