Black screen after windows logo

bbmini 10:57 29 Sep 2013

Hi everyone,

I have got a Lenovo Ideapad Y560 which is bought 3 years ago. The problem I am having is that I have a black screen after the windows logo. There is nothing, not even mouse cursor. I am thinking is there a problem with the windows files? I tried recovering and repairing my windows but nothing worked. I have also got a boot log, will I be able to find the corrupted file from this?

Thanks guys.

bbmini 15:17 29 Sep 2013

It could be started in safe mode.

bbmini 15:56 29 Sep 2013

I have done the system restore, but the problem is still here. Excuse me, but what is sfc/scannow in command prompt? Thanks

bbmini 15:56 29 Sep 2013

I have done the system restore, but the problem is still here. Excuse me, but what is sfc/scannow in command prompt? Thanks

bbmini 16:20 29 Sep 2013

I have done the sfc/scannow command as well. It said couldnt find any corrupted file. Does that mean its not my window problem or its just too hard for the window to find my problem? Will this going to be my graphic card problem? Thanks

bbmini 10:01 30 Sep 2013

Thanks Jock1e,

I have checked the device manager, and there is only an yellow exclamation mark on the Consumer IR Devices. And I think this is not the source for my issue? However, last night I have uninstall my graphic card, but when I try to install it again with the driver provided by Lenovo. It could not install properly. Mine is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730, when I use the catalyst, they show me an error of "Fail to load detection driver". Until now, I could not install my graphic card back and at the same time, there is black screen after boot up.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone