Be warned wininit.exe

sinbads 19:27 20 Apr 2008

Having a look at the processes in the task manager ,I noticed wininit.exe. thinking that this process was maybe suspect.google links show possible virus click here=.

I decided to end the process in the task manager, this action caused an imediate shutdown followed by bluescreen of death.

Wininit.exe is as i have since found out a critical process in vista.

THe point is why does vista allow the ending of a vital process

Just thought I'd warn you guy's

Forum Editor 00:02 21 Apr 2008

is a process that starts the Winnit file. That's the file which runs at startup after you have installed new software - it lists all the changes that have to be made. Two viruses - Win32.Weird and Bymer - can cause an error message to appear when Winnit trys to run.

Vista allows the process to be terminated because it isn't in the protected part of the operating system - it runs before Windows is fully loaded so it can make the necessary changes I mentioned above.

sinbads 08:41 21 Apr 2008

Thanks for your response I'm pretty sure I am virus free, I have repeated the ending of this process with the same outcome, although rebooting returns the pc to normal seems that others have had the same problem click here click here

Also an explanation click here

If the outcome of this action is a blue screen you would think it should be protected?

Forum Editor 19:23 21 Apr 2008

because - as I mentioned earlier - it has to run before Windows has fully loaded.

sunny staines 20:54 25 Apr 2008

in event viewer goto winnit to see the log of chkdsk no longer in winlogon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?