BBC's business editor tangles with Vista

TOPCAT® 14:00 02 Mar 2007

He just couldn't resist installing that shiny new CD that lay there so invitingly on his desk! But he didn't have a happy experience though, as he tells us in detail on the website. TC.

click here

He was luckier than he realised the 6200 is the very last supported nvidia card in Vista anything lower and he would not have had any driver support.

Genius1 14:32 02 Mar 2007

The BBC just seem to be repeating themselves an awful lot. I've seen article after article on their News website detailing people's experiences with installing Vista, and all appear to be telling more or less the same story.

Whoa:

Revise that nvidia in a fit of support madness have actually revised the support from its betas to include the 6100 variants as well in the WHQL
version of its Forceware driver package 100.65.
Maddness indeed you probably will still get the BSOD thrown in as part of the deal though.

Kate B 17:55 02 Mar 2007

He's a twit for trying to install Vista on an old machine.

not everyone can afford a new machine, and he did run the upgrade advisor first. i have a very fast machine (using xp) but it sucks with vista despite getting 5.2, 5.4, 5.9 5.9, 5.4 from the very same program, i wonder if home basic (without aero) is as greedy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone