AVG causes message to pop up

Tim1964 00:19 28 Apr 2007

Hi,

I'm guessing this must be Vista related but starting today I've been getting an "interactive services dialog detection" box popping up every few minutes. when I click on the "show me the message" box the screen goes black and then comes back on with the (AVG free) security status page showing (on which it all seems fine). I then click on "return to desktop" and I'm back browsing again.

The message says this "problem is due to partial incompatability with Vista...."

As I said it's only started today and I've been using AVG for over a month with no probs before.

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Tim1964 00:34 28 Apr 2007

Just checked a few other forums and at least it's not something I've done :D

There are others with the same problem and not just effecting Vista Basic but the other versions as well. Unfortunately no one seems to know if it's an AVG thing or a Vista thing. ??????

Jimmy14 00:36 28 Apr 2007

This is AVG automatically updating itself in the background. If you just leave it, "Interactive Services" will go away from the taskbar after a few seconds. To alter or cancel the automatic updating and automatic full system scans then double click the AVG icon in the taskbar, on the left hand-side click "Test Center", a new window will appear and click "Scheduler" on the left hand-side again. You will see what times the update plan in basic mode are taking place each day. You can simply highlight the task and at the bottom click "edit schedule" or "delete schedule". I would recommend you keep it so you don't need to manually update it every day.

Tim1964 20:52 28 Apr 2007

Well, the pop ups have stopped.

I didn't change anything (I think).It could have been today's update has cured the problem as others with the problem seem to think that Grisoft/MS might be sorting it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017