Audible Battery Low Warning

Unclekev 09:59 17 Jul 2007

I have a Toshiba Satellite running Vista and was wondering if it is an audible battery low warning is available. I tried power settings but could not find an option. Anyone any ideas? My previous notebook running XP gave an audible warning when the battery was about to die?

IntoPCs 15:29 17 Jul 2007

This wouldn't be part of Vista - more likely a Toshiba utility. Try Start, All Programs, Toshiba and see if there are any utilities that might include the battery warning. If not they might be on a CD that came with the laptop or failing that try Toshiba's website.

Unclekev 11:46 31 Dec 2007

I got on to Toshiba Support and after much tooing and froing between themand Microsoft the came back and said it was not a feature that was currently available with Windows Vista and it might be included in the long awaited service pack. Not sure if I believe this but that is what they said. Any comments on this would be most welcome as it is a bit frustrating when the PC powers off without an audible warning??

Unclekev 10:03 02 Jan 2008

Thanks Beta. I was beginning to wonder if this was unique to me or to Toshiba machines. I guess I'll have to wait and hope it is corrected in the aforementioned service pack.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?