Anti virus software enquiry

Discipulus 11:50 06 Apr 2014

My AVG paid anti-virus software is about to end. I am fed-up with not having direct contact with the company when I need to ask a question if there is a problem - though this does not happen often.

Already not impressed by Norton/Kapersky as it is impossible to email them even to enquire about their products.

I have 2 questions: Why is it only the well known companies that get mentioned/ researched? Can you tell me anything about Lavasoft?

System: windows 7 64 bit. Thank you.

northumbria61 15:35 09 Apr 2014

Have you been contacting AVG from within the program itself? I have had AVG (paid for) for approx. 10yrs. now and have contacted them on occasions and always had a reply, normally within 24hrs. I have the full Internet Security Suite but it is probably the same route for the Anti Virus program - from within AVG there is/should be a support option or help button. Doing it this way enables AVG to look at your problem and if necessary upload any files to them for analysis.

I can't answer your query about Lavasoft as it is a program I have never used.

wee eddie 18:40 09 Apr 2014

What on earth required you to contact your Anti virus supplier more than once. Most of us never need to do such a thing.

In reality, how much one to one time do you expect for £35.00?

john bunyan 17:50 10 Apr 2014

My grandchildren have the free version of AVG.I use Avira (free), but Avast is also well liked. I see little point in paying for A/V.

wiz-king 15:30 11 Apr 2014

In all my yers of computing I dont think I have ever had to contact my anti-virus prog supplier - other to pay them. I am using ESET at the moment, been happy with it for the last 7 years

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?