Annoying outlined pages overlaid on every window I open in W8

KimberlyBarros 04:45 02 Apr 2014

Hello, I have a Lenovo desktop with Windows 8. Since several people use this computer, within the last several weeks an overlay of two outlined pages, a solid lined vertical page is overlaid on a dotted lined horizontal page. You can still see all the content behind each page as it is only the outline, but these pages appear on every page I open, the browser window, and Windows 8 menus, etc. Is there a setting that may have been accidentally changed to display this overlay?
Thanks for any assistance with this annoyance. Regards, Kimberly

chub_tor 12:34 04 Apr 2014

If it is a settings problem it should be easily corrected by doing a simple System Restore to a time before the problem occurred. This should not affect any data.

KimberlyBarros 15:38 06 Apr 2014

Thank you for taking the time to answer. We did go back to a restore point which we thought was prior to the overlay appearing, but to no avail. Any other ideas. I also noticed that when the computer restarts or logs in again, this overlay immediately appears, but also the word "Letter" appears for a few seconds and then disappears, on the lower right hand side of the screen. There is also a small rectangular box with four squares and some icons that appears with the word "Letter" but it disappears when the word disappears in seconds, too. I tried to click on the box to see if there was any interactivity but it did nothing. Any other suggestions??

Bris 18:55 08 Apr 2014

Does it look like either of these?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?