After re-installing Win8 can't get wireless internet.Only thx ethernet.

nerawan2 16:26 03 Oct 2014

Hi. Last week I had to re-installed Wind 8 aftr I installed Baidu PC faster that was reconmendd by a magazine. After That I lost the wireless connction and in DVICE MANAGER under OTHER DEVICES the PCI serial port and WINDA 3200 appear with the yellow mark. I tried to search for drivers updates wihtout succes. I re-ibstall windows and the problem persists. the PC is Dell Optiplex 6800 and I download Dell Systm dtects and find nothing wrong. I tried to reinstall the dongle netgear given by Virgin but doesn't work properly. At the moment I'm using the ethernet connection in the same pc but I need it to work wirless. Any help. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:31 03 Oct 2014

WINDA 3200

1. Plug in adapter.
  2. Go into device manager and find that adapter not loaded drivers.
  3. Clicked update drivers. Then clicked Browse my computer for driver software
  4. Clicked Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on this computer - selected Network Devices and clicked Have disk
  5. Browsed to the C:\Programfiles(x86)\NETGEAR\WDNA3200\Driver\WIN764 Folder and selected netarthrx.inf and pressed ok
  6. Selected the Adapter in the next window and let Windows install the drivers.
  nerawan2 18:52 03 Oct 2014

Thanks Bat. Id did it. I did some similar but I was looking at the folder where it was SELECTED to install. Outside C in another ive D (just for programs. Still the yellow mark is still there for PCI serial. What is that?. Thanks again.

rdave13 19:09 03 Oct 2014

If it's a Dell did you get a 'resource disk'? Try installing the chipset drivers from that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:19 04 Oct 2014

PCI serial do you have something like this at the back of your PC?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?