Aero glass

dan* 20:14 14 Jul 2007

I can run the aero feature of Vista quite well but can't seem to get the glass effect or aero glass.

it's a laptop with a core 2 duo, 2Gb of ram and 128Mb reserved for an Intel 945GM/GU Express graphics Chipset.

Is the 945 to low to run glass. Under performance the lowest I have is 3.5.

anskyber 20:43 14 Jul 2007

It should be OK. Can you explain a bit more what you mean by "can't seem to get the glass effect or aero glass"

Do you mean it's running in the Vista Basic format? Which version of Vista do you have installed?

when i first installed it i was trying to turn it on before i reakised it was already on! i have a small square with 3 frames on in my quicklaunch to activate. you can change the transparency by right clicking an empty part of the desktop>> personalise>> window colour and appearance.
vista claim anyong over 3 points should run all features so graphics should be ok i guess.

sorry about spelling and missing letters im having ie7 probs!

dan* 20:53 14 Jul 2007

Thanks for the reply.

I should of said that it is running Vista Home Premium operating system. It was an upgrade disk from modus.

" It should be OK. Can you explain a bit more what you mean by "can't seem to get the glass effect or aero glass" "

I can switch between windows ( aero ) but they are not transparent ( Glass ).

dan* 21:01 14 Jul 2007

adman 2

I did not know about that.

I have right clicked the icon and unfortunatley have not got that option. click here

anskyber 21:04 14 Jul 2007

Right click on your desktop and choose personalise. You can alter things there.

dan* 21:09 14 Jul 2007

wrong one. Doh!!!

click here

Although transparency is ticked. The windows are not transparent.

anskyber 21:09 14 Jul 2007

PS under windows colour and appearance make sure the "enable transparancy" is ticked.

anskyber 21:12 14 Jul 2007

Do you mean the whole window or is the frame transparent?

anskyber 21:14 14 Jul 2007

Ah. I think I might be with you. If the window is maximised it is not transpatent? If you restore down it is?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?