adobe flash player 9

morning, i have been having 'ie7 has stopped working and is restarting' messages for a while, this morning i had a solution, it told me to istall the latest adobe flash player, told me to unistall the old version. i have to use ie7 due to none of the firefox flash players working.
the first problem is control panel says i have version 9 which is the version m/s have told me to install, the second problem is it wont uninstal, it asks if i want to continue then remains the same. it took me over an hour to uninstall my graphics drivers, does every driver have to be removed in safe mode? or is this message just stabbing in the dark as to why ie7 keeps falling over?
thanks adam

Probabilitydrive 08:23 13 Aug 2007

adman 2, I recently encountered a similar problem with 'flash player' in IE7.
I solved it by uninstalling Flash using click here
running CCleaner (or similar reg cleaner) and installing Flash click here
ans Shockwave click here?
Finally, testing your installations click here

There is no need to uninstall your graphic card drivers, reinstall the graphic card driver (following the un/reinstall instructions of your particular model to the letter) and try the above flash solution.

thanks very much will try that. nvidia drivers just states you must remove all previous versions of any nvidia software with add/ remove. in the end i was talked through manually removing the drivers and using driver cleaner pro, it's due to the system using the card/ drivers for the desktop the result is ram failure messages from the mobo which was a little worrying!
thanks again
adam

oh i see! sorry i wasnt very clear the graphics driver was a seperate issue, i was just moaning!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone