adobe flash player

taskmaster 10:44 13 Aug 2011

despite "installing successfully" (several times) the latest version of flash player, I am repeatedly advised that I do not have the latest version 10.3 nor am I able to run anything requiring flash player. Any ideas?

rdave13 15:11 13 Aug 2011

I'd try the uninstaller . Make sure you follow instructions on which programs to close before running it. Uninstaller Reboot.

Download the latest flash player from, Here Scroll down a bit for the non-IE one also.

taskmaster 12:03 14 Aug 2011

Thanks "rdave13". I was meticulous following the instructions you suggested and downloaded from the adobe site. Control Panel tells it is installed, but BBC i-player tells me I need it & refuses to play. Other sites also tell me it is missing & offer download.Seems no point in downloading from various sites. Not too sure where to go with this now.

rdave13 11:19 15 Aug 2011

There is a long list for troubleshooting flash player, here . One other thing to check is if you've run a registry program before the problem then try to restore the registry to an earlier date form within that program.

rdave13 11:31 15 Aug 2011

PS check that your security software isn't blocking flash. I know that spywareblaster can be set to block flash player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?