adobe flash, logitech updates etc

morning turned on vista pc this morning, first time in a while, and had notifications of several upgrades.
the first was adobe shockwave at the end i got the familiar 'this program has not installed, do you want to a) reinstall using correct settings? or b) is this program installed correctly?

i got the same thing for a keyboard update

if i select a) reinstall nothing seems to happen
if i select b) nothing seems to happen

so my question is, how the hell do i know if it's installed correctly? and how many work arounds should i do to install a simple update, i go through this once a week with many games releases, and it takes ages. uac, defender, firewall are all disabled, kaspersky reg guard to turned off.
thanks

and as my home page has no pics i guess it's not installed correctly, don't have the energy for this today. will try a system restore sometime in the future possibly.

Probabilitydrive 15:42 13 Sep 2007

click here to test your flash/shockwave installations

Jake_027 20:34 13 Sep 2007

Just see if the programs run ok. ~I think it's something to do with compatability settings eg run in compatability mode for windows XP but as yet I have just clicked on this program has installed correctly and have not had any problems.

Good old vista ;)

indeed! my advice is dont let vista install anything other than security updates as it's own security seems to confuse itself, all drivers and third party updates, just do it manually, a pain i know but it gets done correctly.
thanks for the replies, i ran adobes own unistaller (you can find it on probabiltydrive's link) then install the whole latest version for ie7. you have to manually do it for firefox, ie download to desktop, close ff, right click adobe installer run as admin and remember to install the 2 different version to the appropriate browsers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?