Administrator rights

The Bard 14:55 31 Dec 2009

I have W7 Home premium, just me as user set as administrator. I can update Windows OK, but when I go to update other Microsoft products, I get administrator warning. Various other functions are barred with administrator warning.

Seth Haniel 12:28 13 Aug 2010
  a member 17:02 13 Aug 2010

administrators are not immune to uac prompts .and there are several types of Administrator accounts (levels) . if you turn off uac you will no longer get prompts for just about anything you try to download or install . however even administrator cannot change some files and for that you would need to take ownership of the offending file and alter permissions.
many users who have PCs with only one user (or main user )for example joe bloggs administrator.
assume that they must be the admin ,but in fact this type of admin only has partial and basic administrator rights. there are different methods for creating a full administrator account , it depends on what version you have as to how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?