71 windows updates not installng

badgermansix 22:47 09 Apr 2014

Hello, My friend has windows vista, She has had a lot of trouble with windows forever updating but not installing. I talk to her by telephone and can "Teamview" with difficulty. She has told me that she gets a message saying to the effect" installing 1 (etc) update of 71" but the just will not install, she is leaving th laptop on all day. I did a Teamview with her, and looked in the "Windows History" and saw that she has dozens of "Failed" installs. I stopped the automatic updates, but my knowledge is limited about doing anything else. I downloaded and ran "Dotnetfx-cleanup" tool, this recommended repairing "Net Framework 3.5.1 and 4.5.1" which it may have done. I cannot get into "Safe Mode" with Teamview, and I am now stumped for an answer.

Any advice please? Thank you.

northumbria61 11:54 10 Apr 2014

See if there is anything here that may help Microsoft Support

You say you have turned off automatic updates - have you/she tried installing a few at a time?

badgermansix 19:55 16 Apr 2014

Thank you both, No we have not. to tell the truth I did not know that I could download them again (via Teamviewer) without removing them from her PC first, something I do not yet know how to do?

badgermansix 20:01 16 Apr 2014

I should also have said that I have looked at the link you provided and it looks promising.

Am now waiting to do a Teamview with her in the next few days but will report back.

Thanks again.

badgermansix 16:33 24 May 2014

Sorry about the long delay in answering, it has been a struggle to sort this out. We have installed everything except the .Net Framework updates which we have now hidden. For the last few week we have been trying to sort those but it seems that we cannot. We think we will have to do a reinstall of the system but are reluctant to do this because I cannot access her PC once the current o/s is uninstalled!

Any ideas on this please, as it happens her system seems to running fine without the .Net Framework updatesz being installed so we are tempted to leave things alone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?