3.8% Minority

S5W 19:03 02 Apr 2007

I see that I am part of a very small minority in the PCA Poll who has installed Vista and is happy with it. I should like to add a note of dissent, namely that I am not at all happy with some of the 'big name' software and hardware manufacturers who have known about Vista for months but are still unable to provide reliable products and/or drivers. My HP 7310 is 5 months old but only in the past few days has HP provided a driver other than a skeleton; as for Symantec I am out of there for good.
However, I do like Vista it is very user friendly and seems to be absolutely stable. Worth the money? Well I can't take it with me, so to me yes.

Pine Man 19:28 02 Apr 2007

I don't actually think you are part of a small minority who is happy with Vista. More likely you are part of a small minority who actually voted!

Most of the feedback I get from Vista users is very good indeed, particularly those that have either done a clean install or bought a PC with it pre-installed.

The biggest problems are associated with the soft and hardware companies who didn't seem to think that Vista was ever going to happen until it was too late!!!!

SteveWH 20:19 02 Apr 2007

SSW, I am with you in this Vista is a huge improvement and I am impressed in a few weeks/months I am sure we will all appreciate how much better it is.

Along with many others on this forum I think it is reprehensible that software and hardware vendors have been so negligent (or opportunist wanting everyone to upgrade).

Without doubt you need more powerful equipment to enjoy the full benefits but hasn't that been true of every significant new edition of windows true too of apple operating systems try running OSX on an underpowered machine.

S5W 19:25 03 Apr 2007

Pine Man, you are almost certainly right about the dearth of voters. Ah well I'm glad that some of us like the new OS. Thanks for your replies you two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017