32 or 64bit Vista!

harveymoon 23:51 20 Dec 2007

I am looking to upgrade my system and use Vista, is the 64bit worth buying! I will be using an Intel E6850 cpu and 4mb of ram, play games and have heard conflicting reports!

mrwoowoo 00:01 21 Dec 2007

been wondering the same thing myself.
this makes interesting reading.
click here

harveymoon 12:13 21 Dec 2007

Thanks, it was interesting reading and makes things clear, I have been advised that i can upgrade Vista premium 32bit to 64bit for a small fee from Microsoft or buy the ultimate version which gives you the choice to install all versions of Vista, so the future is covered i think!

aquatarkus 13:54 21 Dec 2007

i now only use Vista Ultimate 64bit version, never have a problem with it no lockups no blue screens, absolutely rock solid, miles better than XP
have to make sure the hardware i buy has X64 drivers but most of the named manufactures now do support X64 so i would recomend the X64 bit version
Not sure about your comment on the Ultimate version i have 3 Windows Ultimate X64 bit retail dvds one for each of my home pc's and they all state this DVD contains 64bit software only

Keith.

harveymoon 18:55 21 Dec 2007

Thanks Keith, I will have a go and install the 64bit version, you can always switch back. My supplier stated the ultimate would offer both the 32 and 64bit to install and not all versions of Vista as i stated, sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?