3 questions

ivesy 19:37 20 May 2013

Three questions please

1) I used my login details on mum's laptop to access the store. The apps I selected to download are stuck at pending, is this why? If not why are they not installing?

2) I want to remove the password and username prompt on my PC to login. Any ideas how I do this?

3) Is it possible to make the interface look more like Windows 7 ie the Start icon?

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

sunnystaines 20:00 20 May 2013

1] they often stick at pending leave alone and it will install

2] press windows key + R at same time, then in runbox enter netplwiz and press apply, highlight user name and untick the apply password box, then enter the password then ok. this will auto enter the password.

3]best option withut 3rd party software.there is no start menu, but w8 can run it here from the task bar saving the use of 3rd party software.

follow the following steps 1. Right click empty section of the taskbar 2. Click toolbars 3. 3.click new toolbar 4. Click empty section of the address bar 5. Type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu 6. Press enter 7. Click “select folder” button lower screen 8. Click toolbar arrows to open

ivesy 20:36 20 May 2013

I'll give all that ago I really appreciate your help. I have to say I'm finding windows 8 difficult to get to grips with!

sunnystaines 08:31 21 May 2013

ivesy hopfully the new update coming soon will add the old start button with menu and scrap the apps section of w8

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?