A-Z of life lesson 2: How to avoid a speeding fine

Belatucadrus 14:34 21 Jan 2008

This ones easy, forget the fictitious eastern European employee simply pretend to be dead click here
There is however a flip side, beyond the potential 12 months at her majesties pleasure and the driving ban. Think about the consequences if your bank decided to believe this Baldric level of cunning plan. Then try to persuade the Chancellor that he should return death duties where applicable.

A Muppet in human form methinks.

Bingalau 14:55 21 Jan 2008

I think this sort of behaviour goes on a lot more than this. Fiddling the system/systems in this country is far too easy. Maybe this is why immigration is so popular.

georgemac © 14:58 21 Jan 2008

What I would day is that this was an incredibly stupid thing to do, to try and fake death to avoid 9 points and £180 in fines.

The prisons are overcrowded, and I don't think this crime deserves a custodial sentence, let alone 12 months in the slammer. Lots of supervised community service would have sufficed. IMHO.

Fensman 15:03 21 Jan 2008

Don't speed. Not always possible of course the way some roads are sign posted.

egapup 18:51 21 Jan 2008

As if we havent enough of our own home grown idiots, we're getting everybody elses.

Quickbeam 18:58 21 Jan 2008

"Shafkat Munir, 26, from Blackburn, Lancashire,"

Would that be the same Blackburn Lancashire of 2000 holes fame...?

laurie53 20:16 21 Jan 2008

"I don't think this crime deserves a custodial sentence,"

Perverting the course of justice is regarded as very serious, and such a charge puts you on a par with such things as nobbling the jury and intimidating witnesses.

May not be reasonable, but that's how it's regarded.

georgemac © 20:33 21 Jan 2008

noted, for me it is a case of a very stupid and perhaps badly informed young man

while he is serving his 12 months a young yob accused of a violent crime may be bailed as there is no room in jail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?