Your top software find for 2006

The Brigadier 20:32 28 Nov 2006

Mine has got to be Open Office. Getting to grips with it and using it, as it's free i thought it would be rubbish, but i was wrong. It gets my vote as my top software find for 2006.

So what are your software finds for 2006?

SB23 20:41 28 Nov 2006

Mine at the moment would have to be Ashampoo WinOptimizer off last months PCA Dvd.
Its the full version, and works very well.

Steve

powerless 20:50 28 Nov 2006

click here

Making burning a disc, sexy!

anskyber 20:51 28 Nov 2006

Sorry to be boring but when you think of what Acronis True Image does it's got to get my vote.

Joe R 21:37 28 Nov 2006

for the 4th year on the trot, it's got to be Windows xp. If Vista can better this operating system, it will be something else.

Forum Editor 00:11 29 Nov 2006

click here

I'm amazed that something so good can be downloaded completely free of charge. In my opinion it's the bargain of the decade, let alone 2006.

Totally-braindead 00:22 29 Nov 2006

Picassa would be a close second but my favourite simple graphics program has to be Faststone Image Viewer click here. Try it FE if you haven't aready done so.

My vote for best program would be Ccleaner its got me and quite a few others out of trouble a few times and it helps clean out the rubbish click here

ashdav 00:32 29 Nov 2006

Firefox 2.0 for me.
Perfectdisk 8 second

rodriguez 00:37 29 Nov 2006

Probably Vista. I had the RC2 Beta release and I felt that I could use that as my main OS. It just had a few problems with some of the software I was running (ZoneAlarm was one) so I still use XP. But I think most, if not all of the software will be supported by Vista in it's final release so I look forward to it. Vista to me seemed fresh and was nice and convenient. I'm thinking of building a new computer to put Vista on when I get it properly, as the one I've got now I built a couple of years ago (the graphics card can't handle the Aero feature on Vista) and the CPU could be a little faster and I could do with a dual core...oh well all in the pipeline. :-)

Belatucadrus 00:44 29 Nov 2006

My top software find of 2006 is probably Spyware Terminator click here there's a lot of other good free stuff I've been using for the past few years, but I think Spyware Terminator is the best one found this year.

Forum Editor 00:52 29 Nov 2006

I admit I haven't tried Faststone, but I believe it's very good. It's main drawback as far as I'm concerned is that I don't think it can download images direct from a digital camera's memory card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?