Is your Spam getting less?

€dstowe 08:41 29 Mar 2007

Just been clearing the spam traps and I've noticed a lot less rubbish email than I'm used to.

In one account where I normally receive about 500 junk messages a day, for the past week or so, this has reduced to less than 200. This morning it was only 97. All the other accounts have a similar reduction - one even has no spam at all.

Are others experiencing similar or am I just (temporarily) lucky?

Koochy 08:46 29 Mar 2007

I don't think it is you being lucky, i have noticed a reduction the amount of rubbish i am getting in my spam boxes even dare i say it with my hotmail account.

Koochy

J B 09:20 29 Mar 2007

Not getting to much here either since we switched to Outlook 2003, that said, our ISP catches it before we check for new stuff. I check the web mail every morning to see what we have and if there is anythig that looks dodgy it gets the treatment before I download. Works for us. J.B.

Al94 09:34 29 Mar 2007

Now that you mention it there has been a huge reduction in recent weeks.

recap 10:47 29 Mar 2007

I have to agree with you €dstowe, all my email accounts have over the past few months had considerably less spam.

Koochy, in reference to Hotmail, I found that at the beginning of this year, most of the spam I was getting was from Hotmail accounts. I was always under the impression that Hotmail checked such activity?

Jak_1 11:33 29 Mar 2007

I don't use a spam filter but have noticed a significant drop in the amount of spam being recieved, now down to about 10 items per day via the orange servers.

Koochy 12:11 29 Mar 2007

I had that problem as well with other hotmail accounts and yahoo accounts but now if i think it is even a little bit dodgy i just hit the report and delete button and off the go.

Koochy

Watchful 12:35 29 Mar 2007

but I never got much anyway.

Input Overload 13:39 29 Mar 2007

I don't get as much as I did six months ago, virtually none via pop3, & only a couple a day on my Hotmail account.

oldbeefer2 14:15 29 Mar 2007

'500 a day' - blimey, and I thought I was suffering with 2 or 3 a week! Why the huge difference, I wonder.

Woolwell 14:43 29 Mar 2007

What am I doing wrong? I still get a significant number.

The spoof e-mail addresses which used to generate undelivered messages have stopped though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?