Your money or...?

Weskit 09:14 14 Jan 2008

He's got your money, now he's after your body, is nothing sacred?

Quickbeam 09:22 14 Jan 2008

georgemac © 09:59 14 Jan 2008

I guess this is the missing link - at least similar anyway click here

listening to five live probably, one caller suggested that people who find out they need transplants and are already a registered organ donor should have priority over non registered donors

makes sense to me and would encourage many more to register or organ donation, and if not prepared to donate yours why should you benefits from someone elses?

newman35 10:10 14 Jan 2008

Millions of organs, which could save lives, are burned or buried.
Maybe, one day, you might find yourself (or worse, your child) needing one - would you still argue 'sacred' then? I think not!

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:37 14 Jan 2008

It is highly unlikely that one would need one's organs after death and, as far as I'm concerned, they can whip out what they want from me. I carry a donor card at all times but people are generally lazy and cannot be bothered to opt in. Having to opt out is a very good idea and it means that those who do not want to have their organs robbed will have to be proactive.

G

wee eddie 10:52 14 Jan 2008

but they never sent me a card

sunny staines 11:19 14 Jan 2008

the donor changes looks a good idea to me, back in early eightes registered on the nolan bone marrow donor list, never been asked to provide any re a patient with a match to mine.

Weskit 11:32 14 Jan 2008

I wondered what other folks thought about this. I believe that, a while ago, here in Somerset, the local authority made quite a bit of publicity regarding organ donations. I would think this is the proper way to tackle the problem rather than a blanket edict by HMG that what is yours can be taken without anyone's objection. Am I wrong?

Bingalau 11:51 14 Jan 2008

Weskit. You needn't bother objecting.. Just "Opt Out". No one's going to think any the worse of you. Just hope that none of your famuiy ever need a transplant of an organ that is not available. By the way you can have mine when I've gone. I shan't be caring.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:16 14 Jan 2008

'what is yours can be taken without anyone's objection'..you will not be in a position to complain.

G

Quickbeam 12:30 14 Jan 2008

Carried a donor card since '72 when I saw them at the Doctors... There no good to me after death, although they may be well used or abused!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?