This is your last chance

wes.t.clox 10:12 28 Sep 2013

to get a Saturday lotto ticket for a pound. Next Saturday the price jumps up to two pounds a go.

I do occasionally get just one lucky dip for Saturday but will make this the last one.

I may invest two quid on a Friday and try the Euro lotto every now and then.

Will you pay two pounds a line or cut the number of lines down by half?

Don't do the Wednesday one.

wes.t.clox 10:14 28 Sep 2013

Or even

I don't do the Wednesday one.

johndrew 10:27 28 Sep 2013

If it was like postage stamps, some people would buy a years supply now the price is going up!!

I think the number of people involving themselves in the Lottery has dropped and will drop further with the price increase. Anyway the Lottery was sold (I think) to a Canadian pension company so the funds are no longer controlled in any way by those who contribute or are UK residents and the proceeds certainly are not aimed at those who contribute. But this as always is the face of gambling.

BT 11:06 28 Sep 2013

I used to spend £8 a week on the lottery, £4 on Saturday, £4 on Wednesday and won virtually nothing, perhaps 4 x £10 a year. I stopped buying them more than 8 years ago and started buying Premium bonds instead, whence I have won between £500 and £700 a year. Not a fortune I know but certainly more than the Lottery and I still have my stake money if I want to withdraw it, and I still have the chance of winning £1,000,000.

spuds 11:33 28 Sep 2013

Seeing that Camelot make more out of me, than I make out of them, then I can understand why I am one of those 'occasional' punters who purchase on a whim, as and when I fancy.

So the price increase will make very little difference to me, but it might to Camelot,the government or any fortunate winner's.

Another factor in my opinion is the rapid increase of various lotteries that are available nowadays, surely everyone cannot subscribe?.

Even the 'Health Lottery' seems to be working overtime with its advertising!.

bumpkin 13:17 29 Sep 2013

I don't see that it makes much difference just spend you usual amount on less tickets. If you enter a club raffle for example, whether you get one ticket for £1 or twenty the odds of winning are the same.

spuds 15:17 29 Sep 2013

And the person with the other half of the ticket might be the winner :O))

spuds 10:11 04 Oct 2013

There were a number of interviews on television last night, about this lottery change. Apparently the odds are still stacked against the general public?.

What was mentioned, was the way lotteries were being run in the USA, and how there have been no increase in buying a ticket, and in all likelihood there is no intentions of doing so.

I suppose there will be some form of report, regarding that Camelot is still losing money (previously 5.7% down), even after this change?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?