Your favourite software application - bar none

Forum Editor 18:51 12 Jul 2006

What is it?

Disregard operating systems - it's programs I'm interested in, and only one. No office suites, and no second favourites or games - just one, single program (which can be part of a suite, if you like).

Plus the reason for your choice in fifty words or less.

I'm counting on you.

pj123 19:21 12 Jul 2006

JetAudio, it's free and it plays any Audio/Video file that's thrown at it.

VoG II 19:24 12 Jul 2006

It will handle all sorts of data including numbers, text, dates and more. Use for mind-boggling calculations, creating databases used with LOOKUP functions, creating summarised data in Pivot Tables, and examining ‘what ifs’ using Solver. And if that’s not enough there’s Visual Basic for Applications to create custom solutions.

Curio 19:26 12 Jul 2006

Flip Album Professional, a cracking way to store and view your pics.

Joe R 19:31 12 Jul 2006

Photoshop,

as it allows me to keep an accurate record, of family holidays, special occasions etc.
Or if I wish to change some or all of the photographs, an "inaccurate" record of the same occasions.

watchful 19:43 12 Jul 2006

because I can create and edit all kinds of documents or tables and insert pictures or graphics in a host of different fonts, styles and colours and file and save them for future use or despatching in e-mails. Magic.

rezeeg 19:46 12 Jul 2006

MS Money - need it to control/move finances especially when abroad (to know when to trudge to the local internet café to get on-line).

sunny staines 20:18 12 Jul 2006

POI edit

Its automatic update of POI's to navigators is excellent.

rdave13 20:52 12 Jul 2006

Avast antivirus, download and forget, except for occational scans.

Sir Radfordin 20:53 12 Jul 2006

Picked up something called 'StrokeIt' a while ago which allows to to use the right mouse click to perform actions. Find it very annoying not to be able to drag across the page when browsing the internet on another computer.

It's the small things that make a difference...!

Pegasus. 21:12 12 Jul 2006

Well, That's a Hard one to Answer?

But, The one that Springs to Mind at the Moment (because just lately I have found it Invaluably Usefull in sorting through My Image files!) is 'XYplorer'!

ThisQuote from their site just about says it All:

XYplorer is a multi-tabbed file manager featuring a powerful file search, versatile preview facilities, a highly customizable interface, and an array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks. XYplorer is a tool rather than a toy, and targets power users and computer professionals who are looking for an Explorer replacement that deserves its name.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?