Your dog could be trying to save your life.....

canarieslover 13:07 01 Feb 2011

....if this is correct. click here

jakimo 13:47 01 Feb 2011

For many yeas it has been claimed that dogs have the ability to sniff out cancer and diabetes,here is just one of many such claims
click here

Quickbeam 14:02 01 Feb 2011

I've lost count of the number of hibernating mice my cocker's rooted out of their winter nests in hedgerows. Their keen senses of smell are why drugs teams and even money laundering teams use them (they can find buried banknotes), so there is no reason why they can't be used for anything that can be detected by smell.

peter99co 16:11 01 Feb 2011

I think cat's have an ability to sense imminent death. I read something about a cat in a Care Home

Bingalau 16:23 01 Feb 2011

And don't forget the animal's reaction to the tsunami a couple of years ago. Didn't they automatically make for high ground?

ams4127 21:05 01 Feb 2011

At 2am on Boxing day morning, my German Shepherd came hurtling into my bedroom barking her head off and running around the room. Having recovered from the fright and grabbed the baseball bat I keep beside the bed, I followed her downstairs where I found that the fire alarm battery had expired and the unit was "beeping" away.

I had not heard it. If that had been a real fire and I didn't have my dog, I would probably have died.

She got quite a few rewards that day!

Quickbeam 21:19 01 Feb 2011

"...and grabbed the baseball bat I keep beside the bed"
As one does.

peter99co 21:56 01 Feb 2011

one theory is that as people (or animals)get close to death poisons build up in the body from systems breaking down. Even people can smell this sometimes but only at the very end of life. Because animals smell is much better than ours they can smell these gases escaping the body at earlier stages.

click here

Forum Editor 22:53 01 Feb 2011

It's well known that dogs can be trained to warn epilepsy sufferers that a seizure is on the way, giving the person time to get to a place of safety.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?