your 6 monthly water rates bill

sunnystaines 21:25 16 Oct 2014

used to vary £100-£130 with water meter only two of us.

since we moved to southern water area the water bill [still with meter] has doubled in price. Left us wondering do prices vary a lot between area's? Is it this expensive where you are?

Aitchbee 22:33 16 Oct 2014

In Scotland, water charges are incorporated into the Council Tax. I pay about £250 per year for water [ as part of an overall annual charge of £800 for Council Tax] my flat being classed as a Band A property ... the lowest Band.

bumpkin 23:02 16 Oct 2014

South Bucks on a meter comes to about £28 per month, about half of what it was when rates related. 4 adults and 1 child non of whom care less as to how much they use or what anything costs especially electricity. Me that has to pay the bills.

* used to vary £100-£130 with water meter only two of us.*

If as you say that has doubled then it is expensive

bumpkin 23:09 16 Oct 2014

Jockie, £57 per month sounds very expensive, it seems like it depends where you live but generally it is down south that we get ripped off.

spuds 23:22 16 Oct 2014

Our home water and sewage rates is about £240.00 a year with no water meter, which is probably one of the cheapest rates and areas in the UK.

A couple of years ago, the water company got fined rather heavily for apparently overcharging its customers, and the following year, we had a £2.00 discount on the bill.

BT 08:10 17 Oct 2014

My last two bills (metered) on Anglian Water in Norwich were £107 & £109. Only the two of us but we use normal amounts of water. The thing that probably saves the most water is the plastic container in the cistern which saves about 1 1/2 litres every flush.

john bunyan 08:51 17 Oct 2014

No meter - big garden. Monthly Southern Water £90 plus £250 per year from Portsmouth water. Total £1354 p.a.

flycatcher1 09:59 17 Oct 2014

Large Garden and fairly big house, only three bedrooms but large rooms. The original owner said that he kept the number of bedrooms down to reduce the rates and avoid visitors ! Just the two of us. Water metered last year £27/month just gone down to £26/month.

I have fourteen rain water butts and a Lidl water pump so mains water is rarely used in the garden.

Woolwell 10:30 17 Oct 2014

You should live in the SW. SW Water is noted as being one of the highest charging water companies. My water and sewage bill comes to around £850 per year. I am on a meter.

Woolwell 12:42 17 Oct 2014

The problem that we have is that the residents effectively pay for the holidaymakers sewage and ensuring that the beaches are clean. We got £50 off this year because of that unfairness see SW Water article. £50 isn't much off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?