You couldn't make it up....

realist 19:20 27 Nov 2009

Our local County Council, well known for its appetite for foreign "jollies" is currently considering providing legal services to...the Chinese Province of Inner Mongolia.

If only they applied the same entrepreneurial zeal to mending holes in our roads, etc, etc.

namtas 19:55 27 Nov 2009

I would have to agree a quick internet check does show that they do seem to waste an extraordinary amount of money.

namtas 22:13 27 Nov 2009

I have absolutely no idea, but even if not, does that make this one any more acceptable?

Forum Editor 23:08 27 Nov 2009

is considering the purchase of land in the UK, and Kent County Council wants the contract to handle the legal work.

I wish some other local authorities showed half as much entrepreneurial zeal. Quite what it has to do with mending holes in roads is beyond me.

namtas 11:25 28 Nov 2009

In theory yes, most would agree what an excellent proposal, divert any underused resource and skill to generate a separate source of income and thus reduce your funding requirements from direct taxation. What an excellent idea, however when those same entrepreneurial skills are not perhaps so entrepreneurial as they might be and are part of a organisation that is already having to justify quite massive losses on existing projects. Then surely the taxpayers has every right to be saying, as realist suggests "stop boxing above your weight".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?