Yet another major data breach.

john bunyan 16:19 09 Sep 2017
Answered

Experian have had a major security problem. There seems no end to these hacks. Should UK folk do anything re banks etc in view of this ?

experian

john bunyan 16:23 09 Sep 2017

Or was it Equifax?

Equifax

Anyway it shows how even massive companies are often insecure.

oresome 10:07 10 Sep 2017

I never bother with credit reports from the various companies that do this sort of thing, but because I have an issue proving my ID with the taxman I looked at Noddle yesterday at their suggestion.

I was amazed at all the enquiries being made on my account since I went on a comparison site a few days ago for car insurance quotes.

Forum Editor 10:18 10 Sep 2017
Answer

"...it shows how even massive companies are often insecure."

It's an aspect of living in an increasingly connected world. There simply isn't any way that a business can say to it's customers 'your personal data are 100% secure' and there never will be, ever again.

We have to live with it. It doesn't mean that all these companies are inept, or careless about data security; it means that criminals are just as clever as the people who are trying to keep them out.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)